Sammy Joe & Martha Jean Calhoun
Family Scholarship for Disability Studies
Established by Martha Jean Calhoun, this scholarship is to be awarded to a graduating high school senior or past graduate
of any public or private high school or homeschool in one of the counties serviced by East Texas Communities Foundation.
- Recipient must continue to pursue an undergraduate degree in a field of study related to caring for mentally or physically challenged persons.
- Recipient must remain a full-time student.
- Recipient must maintain a minimum GPA of a 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- This scholarship is to be awarded to a graduating high school senior or past graduate of any public or private high school or homeschool in one of the 32 counties ETCF services.
- Recipient must plan on majoring in a field related to an intended occupation focusing on caring for mentally and physically challenged persons (including, but not limited to, areas such as special education, physical therapy, occupational therapy, social work, counseling – professional, sign language interpreter, licensed therapist, speech pathologist, applied behavior analyst, etc.)
- Scholarship may be renewable up to three years, for a total of four years.