• A non-profit organization providing services to East Texans who have a disability. One in five East Texans have at least one disability.
• A provider of education to the community on disability-related topics.
• Governed and staffed by persons of which a majority have a disability and bring a wide range of knowledge and experience to their work in assisting others with disabilities.
• Funded by contributions from foundations, corporations, and individual donors as well as federal, state, and local grants.
• One of over 400 such centers in the United States.
ETCIL assists people with:
Any and all types of disabilities such as: Mobility impairments, amputations, spinal cord injuries, Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Post Polio, Spina Bifida, and Cerebral Palsy.
• Mental, cognitive, or developmental disabilities such as traumatic brain injuries, depression, and learning differences
• Hearing loss
• Vision impairments